Monday, February 1, 2010

This is gonna be fun!

I'm so much more excited about a group blog than doing one by myself.  Back in 1994 I started using my first e-mail account to have group conversations with people I liked and admired.  The first one was called Quote of the Week.  I took interesting comments/passages from stuff I was reading in grad school and we all chatted and shared ideas.  Only common feature among the people was that they knew me.  I actually printed out the first few months.  Still have them somewhere.  I've created lots of variations over the years: Menu of the Week, Movie Quiz, Not Invited, and some others I can't remember the exact names of.  The constant theme was that I wanted to hear perspectives from people of many different views.  I've really enjoyed it.

This will be a little different, I think.  It's a more controlled theme with a smaller group of people.  But I'm really jazzed about sharing recipes, fabulous meals or cooking experiences with y'all.  We may add people later, but I think the core is pretty strong. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment