Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First time...

Tabitha:  So I hope I'm doing this correctly!  I'm excited about this, too!  Can't wait to learn about exciting recipes and get some good ideas.  I'm new to the cooking venue.  Well, sorta.  I'm divorced, but when I was married and would try to cook my now ex-husband would get irritated because he preferred to eat every meal out.  Everyday.  Seriously.  Yeah, that was fun for like a month, but through 5 years of marriage??  Can we say exhorbitant?!?

So here I am, tyring it again just for me, (and my staunch guinea-pig friend at work lol).  Thus far, I have made 3 different dishes.  Here's the first one.  I boiled boneless-skinless chicken breasts and shredded them up in some 100% whole grain linguine with butter and garlic and black pepper.  For a salad-y side I diced some roma tomatoes and put them in the Italian dressing that you make yourself with the little envelope of seasoning you get at the store...olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and water, add contents, shake like hell, you know the drill. 

I did not salt the chicken, but I did salt the water in which I cooked the linguine.  I used course sea salt from a grinder.  I should mention that I eat very differently than I used to and try to only eat whole grains, use organic ingredients, (VERY difficult in NW TN!) etc.  This does not, by any means, infer that I will not stuff a brownie in my mouth if given the chance.  I just try to cut as many corners as I can so that I can enjoy more brownies haha!

Ok, that's enough for now.  I'll tell you about the other stuff later because who has time to read all this anyway?  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, we're going to talk about some brownies for sure!!

    ReplyDelete